I love reading Kim Rosas's blog from Dirty Diaper Laundry. Today I saw a post about what was on her fridge. I love it when bloggers are real, honest and open about what goes on in their life. Helps the rest of us feel normal, or at least, to know we are not alone. So, I decided to take the idea and make it a personal challenge. I already keep my Nikon in the kitchen to expedite Lady Bug Lunch Box snap shots, so...well...here's my messy fridge and what it's all about.
- Dinosaur crayon rubbing.
- Tourist magnet from my husband's travels to Singapore (I should have brought the little sushi magnets from around the side, but I was resisting the urge to change anything). Purple paper is "punch-out work" done by the Pink Princess.
- Letters. I'm actually surprised there isn't a name or word spelled out. Recently we've been working on spelling "dog" and not getting the letters reversed. "Dog" does not start with the letter "G". She's too cute!
- LeapFrog Phonics Airplane. This has proven to be a good purchase for several years in a row now. I can't tell you how many hours of baking I've gotten done while a little one played with the "Alphabet Song" button...over and over and...oh!
- I had a stack of blank business card magnets. We printed out basic pictures and the corresponding words. Before my daughter could talk, we signed a good portion of them. Now she can read the words and even write the words herself. Best zero dollars I've spent in a long time!
- Purple Bat poem written by the three year old Pink Princess.
- Verse, "Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap". Galatians 6:7 It's a good reminder for many things.